The Labor Act, 2074 received president’s assent and become effective from 19Bhadra2074. The Labor Act, 2074 repealed previous Labor Act, 2048. The New Labor Act mainly focused on the rights, interest, facilities and safety of workers and employees working in enterprises of various sectors. New Labor Act, 2074 answers many more questions along with the following:
- What is the process to take approval for hiring expats?
- Is there any provision about paternity leave
- Provision about home and sick leave accumulation
- What kind of Medical and Accidental Insuranceare mandatory?
- Is provident fund and gratuity mandatory?
- Is there any provision of penalties to organisations, Board of Directors and CEO?